Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Florida: Day 2 - Disney

It's a small world after all. I mean, a small park. The last time I went to Disney, I was 8. It seemed massive. So large, in fact, that we never even went to Tomorrowland, which I was going to be certain to see this time around.

Let's just start by saying, I don't know how Disney does it. The park is about the same size as any other theme park you might go to. They have lines over an hour long for nearly every ride in the park unless you are there after 9. (Let's just say I now know why all those babies in Denny's were still up.) And yet millions of families go there every year! I know a little something about babies, and I will tell you, babies do NOT love lines.

But you know what they do love? Renting Disney strollers, it seems. If a family has small children, a stroller seems almost guaranteed to follow. Yet there were thousands of families renting Disney strollers! Why? Are they scared that their stroller is going to get stolen? Disney fingerscans everyone entering the park. Surely they could catch a stroller thief (unless you manage to pull off the heist using only your ring finger, pinkie and thumb.)

Even Tomorrowland was only OK. And we didn't even get to ride Space Mountain! All in all, even my mom admitted, Disney's just not that magical without some childlike amazement. My amazement level? 2. Maybe if I had seen some of the Princesses(tm), I would have been more pumped.