Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Florida: Day 1

The key question I forgot to ask Kris: Where can we eat great, even late? We took a flight destined for arrival at 9:45. Then Southwest lost my mom's bag, which ate up another hour at the airport. The family whose house were in provided directions to the grocery store, so Steven and I zipped over there, only to discover they closed at 11. So we end up with a choice of Denny's or IHOP.

Apparently, babies love to burn the midnight oil in Orlando. I have never seen so many children up at midnight! There were at least 30 in the restaurant. Also, it seems Denny's employees are not that keen to work overtime at midnight. There was a shouting match between several waitpeople and the manager, and 1 person stormed out the front door. What does this mean for us? A 30 minute wait to have dinner.

What do we see as we are returning home? A Wendy's. It's still open. Oh! I say, we'll have to remember this for next time. Jane said, I saw it on the way over. Bah, Jane. Bah.