Friday, January 30, 2004

Jane's rating system of this blog / Mary's first post in months

Good posts: things that talk about her
Bad posts: everything else

Jane, you're an egomaniac. It's all about you 'til a quarter to two.

I spoke to Mary last night, so I will write a blog entry, per our original concept. She pretty much did all the talking, so ...

Mary: "Helen, I'm taking this country back!!!! We're going to Maine! And not just anywhere, the greatest place on earth -- Portland! Maine has caucuses. I've never done a caucus, but I think Dean's message will really speak to these people.

I'm not giving up. NOW is the time to be excited, to keep working. I want you and Steven to go to Delaware this weekend. I want you guys to host a house party. Mommy and Daddy should host a house party. Mrs. Turner should definitely host a house party -- she could totally get into it.

This campaign is not just about winning an election. It's about giving democracy back to the people. This really is a movement to take this country back. If we ever want things in this country to be better, now is the time to fight for it.

Somebody said to me the other day, the problem with movements is, sometimes people aren't ready for them. And maybe this is a fight that will go on for years. But now is the time to get people out there, get people excited about this country again.

OK, I have to go. I'm in a truck stop waiting to hear if I should go back to NH, or straight to Maine. Get pumped! As long as I'm on this campaign, you're all on it with me!"