Thursday, March 17, 2005

Are you there, God? It's me, Crafty.

I have been searching for a crafty hobby. Computers are not always where it's at. Sadly, after a trip to AC Moore, I have discovered that it is my fate to either be a knitter or a fake flower arranger. There was a really huge stamp section that I thought was cool, but then I realized:

1) Stamps cost $3.50 a piece. I don't think I could get $3.50 of use out of a stamp that says "you're special."
2) If you buy the kit that just has all the letters separately, you can stamp
any message you want, but they all look like a ransom note, so what's the point?
3) I can't think of any picture stamp that I could stamp more than, say, 5 times without getting totally sick of it.
4) All their "example" crafts were handmade cards. I don't really use regular cards. Why might I possibly start making my own cards?

Scrapbooking was another possibility, but Steven might come home one day and find me with do-jiggies stuck all over me, so I think it might be too risky.

Kitten correctly ascertained my true crafty hobby -- furniture refinishing -- but it sadly requires a basement. Kitten, you can totally be my lifecoach anyway.