Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Movies, Games and More

Sweeney pointed out yesterday that we are obsessed with lists. Mary countered that, no, just cable is obsessed with lists. (VH1, I'm talking to you.) So, I will draw your attention to listsofbests.com, which you, because you are obsessed with lists, will already know about. But maybe you didn't.

Second, the particular list, courtesy of blogdex, is "Top 100 Overlooked Films of the 1990s". This raises the natural question, how do you define an "overlooked film", since I've seen nearly half the movies on this list. And, it includes one of my personal faves, Dead Again.

I'll admit it, though, I like a good list, especially for movies. Gives me Netflix fodder. Music, on the other hand.... tell me who made the list, and I'll name at least 4 of the top 10. Try it yourself at home, with this somewhat stupid, yet somewhat addictive game Jane and I play. It's like Family Feud, except you don't need your own team of statisticians. iTunes Music Store Feud! As in the Feud, whoever names the song closest to the top of the top 10 for that artist wins the round.

Speaking of music games, Janie better start practicing, or she's going to get whupped by the rising DDR champion in our midst. Find out who it is at our New Year's Eve party! Come one, come all, to our palace in the sky, where we will watch the river fireworks without freezing our butts off. (Note: Attendees will not be required to play DDR.) People who actually read Steven's blog have already been invited to this party. You are now double welcome.