Sunday, October 24, 2004

Weekly Update

Dear blog reader,

How are you? I'm fine. Jane is fine, too. She says hi, and that you're still jealous.

India: We leave on Wednesday, and return November 18th. Bombay, Delhi, and Ahmedabad are the stops. I got all my shots, and started taking my malaria pills, which everyone says will make me feel crazy. As if I needed an excuse. Also, Jane is in need of entertainment while we are gone. Stop by the compound for dinner some night! (If your last name is Horstmann, that is not a suggestion.)

Election: I voted. There are so many poll volunteers in Philadelphia county that they have no need for Steven. I am trying to convince him to drive around town flying a Kerry flag on his scooter, offering old ladies rides to the polls. Afterwards, Meng will take the second shift, offering young ladies rides to the polls.

Books: Kitten is keeping the good books coming! But, I needed some books for India, and stopped by Borders (4 times) this weekend. So, I thought I would put out a call for some books I nearly got that *some* of my readers must have. Meng has about 2 David Brin books. If anyone has any others, send 'em my way. Also, King Rat. Also, anything else you think I would like. It doesn't have to be sci-fi, I promise.

My new career: Yes, you heard it here first. I'm leaving the world of technology. My new career? Professional gambler. My football picking method is gaining renown as I crush my opposition. If my hot streak continues through my trip, I think we will all have to accept that as fate's way of telling me mama needs a new pair of shoes.