Sunday, May 16, 2004

Someone needs to get the pope a new hobby for his birthday.

Seriously, JP, sometimes you have to know when to say when. 482 saints?!?! Did you not have enough friends in this lifetime, so you're planning an eternal life as the President of the Junior Friends of Man Club? Also, 1,334 people beatified? Buddy, you're *this* close to beatifying a dog by accident at this point. Furthermore, I want to talk to the guys in charge of validating miracles, because I think the Vatican might be getting the US Patent Office rejects at this point. I thought it was supposed to be hard to become a saint. I thought the Vatican was supposed to rigorously examine, with a skeptical eye, all petitions to grant sainthood. Well, somebody get me an application, because someone's asleep at the wheel!