Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Local news: the giant parking lot next to Rittenhouse Square might finally get filled in! Some of the most desirable real estate in Philadelphia finally got the permit it needed to knock down 2 buildings that have stood empty for as long as I can remember. What is being built? 8 screen movie theater, restaurant, street level retail, and a 500-space parking lot. What hurt me about the opposition? One of the opponents declared, "we don't need more parking!" Guess what? There's a city ordinance that requires new buildings to either prove the existing parking would serve the need the building would generate, or BUILD MORE PARKING! Stupid.

Politics: I hate Wesley Clark. He is a blank slate, that you can project anything on to. And the DNC is going to use him to bring everyone else down! They just had a sound bite about his tax plan on the NBC *local* news. You know, they've been covering Mosley-Braun's campaign in depth, too. I loved that clip they did on her efforts to register new voters!

Why isn't the DNC trying to convince people to drop out, instead of fielding new candidates. As Mary so aptly proved, Elizabeth Dole had already dropped out by this time in the 2000 elections. (Other people may have also dropped out, but they are so not memorable I cannot remember they even ran.) There is no sense going into New Hampshire with 10 candidates. The winner will get 15%! Oooh, the people have spoken.

Yeah, so, I'm focusing my energy on getting people to donate instead. Money is the international language of being the boss these days. So, I'm taking it to the streets. Have you contributed to Howard Dean? Let your voice be heard! Vote with your bucks! Go to

http://www.blogforamerica.com

Humor: Nothing funny happens to me anymore. Well, except maybe...

Last night, I'm talking on the phone to someone who shall remain nameless. Ok, I'll give you a clue. It's someone who:

a) helps write this blog, and
2) sounds like airy

Anyway, so we're on the phone. And I'm working on my computer, 'cause we're talking about my new apartment, and the floor plans I am doing for it. And my computer is acting kind of funny. Like, it keeps kicking me off IM. And she reveals that, incredibly, she keeps getting kicked off IM too. And, isn't it funny that we have the same IM icon? And.... oh wait, she's logged in as ME!

Identity theft. It can happen to you.