Sunday, December 26, 2004

The Main Line has turned against us.

WTF man? On Christmas Eve, Mary and I escaped the house soon after waking up. We love chicken cheese steaks and cheese fries, so we figured, ah yes campus corner, the love of our lives. Wrong! We drove Campus and the lights were out. I figured Mary is stupid and lied to me. She didn't really check the hours, it was a trap. No, Wrong again! Campus specifically stated that the hours were 11-3, What time was it? 1:45. Here's my angry letter I planned on writing on a napkin, but chose not to:

Dear Campus,
It's 1:45 on December 24th; you're supposed to be open, but your door seems to be locked. That's funny. I thought about breaking in, but I thought I would leave you this note to express my anger instead. First you switched the cheese, then the rolls and now this? What is happening? Keep it up, and I might have to find a new love of my life.
--One of the Oak Ridge Girls

Then we headed over to the TLA for some DVDs to ease the pain. Mary and I have been working on watching all of My So-Called life for oh, probably the past year or so. We only have one disk left. We decided we would rent the ultimate movie, Napoleon Dynamite and the final disk. No! The TLA had neither My So-Called life nor Napoleon. Gosh!

We thought we would go get some pot pies and muffins at the Bakery Shoppe. The Bakery shoppe was packed, and had slim pickings. If I wanted a gross low-fat muffin I was in luck, but otherwise I was forced to leave. No one likes low-fat things. It's a muffin, it's supposed to be covered in sugary tastiness. Bakery Shoppe, Why do you create low-fat things? To hurt me?

We were still hungry so we headed for Ruby's. No, a 20-25 minute wait. We were not about to wait for 20 minutes to stand around with 500 children and watch the train go by. So I suggested to go over to Peace across the street. See Mary's previous post about her new found love of the Peace in Ardmore.

So I've come to the conclusion that every (worthy) establishment on the Main Line hates us, except for Peace, possibly the new love of my life.