Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Do you ever feel like you've already seen every movie you want to see?

If you haven't, sign up for a Netflix account, and start rating movies. I wanted to add a movie to my list that I would be thrilled to the core to find in my mailbox. But, I was having trouble coming up with something. So, I turn to the Netflix recommendations page. Apparently, I had rated WAY too many foreign and classic movies, as every movie Netflix decided to recommend was in one of those genres. So, I took it upon myself to broaden Netflix's pool of information about my movie watching habits.

122 ratings later, Netflix still does not believe me to be the kind of person who watches comedies unless they are animated (damn you, Lilo!), action, adventure, thriller, sci-fi, or horror (ok, I guess they got one category right) movies. My current number 1 recommendation? Old Yeller.