Thursday, April 08, 2004

Love me before I cry!

Being 15 is tough; being 14 is tougher...if that's a word. All I want to do is get a summer job. Is that so hard? Impossible! So my summer dream job is currently working at a CD store. Not borders or something like that but instead something with a lot of cds, like endless amounts. If they sold records even better, but my current options are the farmer's market, ubead2, and color me mine. All of which are sounding a lot like, oh I don't know crap.

So my original plan was to work at plastic fantastic. It has a good selection and location. It was original until they went out of business. Then I was think I could work at repo records, which is close but shady and scares me. I was ready to just live in my closet this summer until yesterday I was given hope. I went to a cd store in search of some velvet underground and ben kweller. It was just like Plastic fantastic, only a little smaller. I didn't think of the job option until after I left the store. So with my new Ben Kweller cd in tow I decided to go back and ask about summer jobs. Soaring highs, Crushing lows. The summer is "their slow season," but they would be more than happy to hire me this fall. Well that doesn't help me Shady dog man. So now that I can't work at Shady Dog either, I'm left hopeless yet again.

Think of how awesome it would be to work at a CD store. You don't have to deal with that many people, because not that many people have such fine taste to go into CD exchange stores. It's totally bragable and a good fun fact. "I'm Jane, I work at a cd store." In one sentence you can prove to people that you know music AND that you totally rock. Plus all you do is listen to music all day and get cheap or maybe even free CDs. Obviously the epitome of cool is working at a CD store. And what am I left with? Three, boring, loser jobs and the facial expressions of the people working there when they find out I'm 14, but I'm going to be 15 soon.