Friday, March 19, 2004

Sondre, when did you become a star?

Oh, Sondre, I remember the days when it was just you and me. The days when you were opening for Nada Surf and Ed Harcourt at the North Star. The days when you sold your own T-shirts and CDs in the back of the room. The good days.

I know you've always been hot stuff in Norway, but I didn't think that you were going to become a star before we met again!

But, now you're back. Headlining your own show at the TLA. When did you become Mr. Big Stuff? Yeah, you had that one commercial for Turner Classic Movies, or AMC, or whoever, but given that even I, your true fan, cannot remember who ran the ad, it could hardly be considered your big break. Maybe a single is in the works! Maybe hordes of screaming teenage girls will flock to your next show! Maybe.... you have sold out. But I still love you. See you at the TLA!