Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Some lo lo wiped us out

So, speaking of surfing, Waikiki beach is FULL of surfers. I mean, wannabe surfers. Real surfers surf on real baches. So, there are lots of collisions. So, there was this guy taking pictures. And he got this series of 6 shots that shows me, in slow motion, plowing into a dude who had fallen off his board on the previous wave. Rule of the road is, people on boards take precedence, but he was like a deer caught in headlights, so i jumped off the board. But in the picture (because I get between him and the camera), it looked like I rolled right over him. Alas, these pictures are lost like the sands of time.

Also, Stitch cut his foot surfing pretty badly. (He recovered with the application of some tattoo band-aids, though.) There are more rocks in the water there than any other surf I have voluntarily entered. Danger, Will Robinson!

p.s. jane, you are obsessed with lo los.