Monday, February 23, 2004

An open letter to Apple Computer

Dear Apple:

Won't you please make me the ultimate mp3 player for my stereo? It should have:

- a 100 gig drive (at least)
- 802.11 and Rendezvous technology, so it can store tunes and photos that everyone in the house can access
- a cd-r for importing and burning

How will I control it? Oh, Apple, you have already figured out all the interface issues. The remote can just use the ipod interface to access the tunes! To make it even easier, you can just put a little syncing plug on the front of the device, and put 64 MB of flash ram in the remote. The entire menu contents can be stored in the remote!

It would also be nice to be able to make playlists from the device, so some kind of full-color iTunes interface screen would be nice, too. Or you could just give us a program to make playlists on our computers, and tranfer them to this device.

I will name it Sparky. But you can call it PowerPod, since I know how you love the i/power system.

Cheers
Helen

P.S. If you could release it before Christmas, I would really appreciate it.