Thursday, September 18, 2003

Mary and I have been talking about blogs recently. I used to think, how indulgent. Like anyone cares what happens to you on a daily basis. And for the most part, I still agree - recounting the minutiae of your daily life is silly, and furthermore, who reads it?

However, I have had a recent change of heart. Why? Media consolidation. Blogs, I now feel, are the people's outlet for their opinions and interests. If something gets posted to enough blogs, it is now considered news-worthy. Power to the people, indeed.

And thus, this blog. It will discuss politics, regional news, and humor. It will strive to avoid recounts of daily events at all costs (unless, of course, they fall into one of the above 3 categories.)

And so, without further ado, Mary and I were talking today...

Helen